Saturday, February 19, 2011

9 Months

This post is really late, I just haven't really
been feeling very social lately and I've been
really lazy.

Sophie is now 9 months old! Time flies, and
recently she has been seeming so old to me.
At her 9 month doctor's appointment she
weighed 17 lbs. 1 oz., 20th % and she was
27 inches long, 32nd %. She's been growing
very slow but steady. She's continually gone
down in % for her age. She's pretty petite.
* Most of her clothes are now 6 month.
* She got her first tooth around Valentine's Day.
* She's taken two steps... this can be frustrating
because she has great balance and I know she
can walk but she doesn't really have a desire.
We'll stand her up and she'll just sit down. When
she does get excited and ready to walk she's so
wound up that she jumps and it puts her off
balance, but we're working on it.
* We're planning a big 1st birthday party for her
and her cousins that were born the same week
as her, and I'm so excited!
* We took Sophie to the new indoor pool in Fruita
today, it was her first time swimming and she had
so much fun, splashing and putting her face in the
water.
* She gives kisses. (She's been doing this for a while
but I forgot to put it earlier)
* She just started waving, she still doesn't do it all
the time though. It's the kind of wave where she
just bends her hand up and down to wave her fingers.
* She said doggie! She doesn't try new words very
often now though, but she still says mama all the time,
and dada.
* She's becoming a little more needy and that's hard
for me because she was so independent before. I think
I might have spoiled her with extra attention the last
time she was sick.
* She can climb stairs. I didn't know she could because
we're never around stairs but we were at my mom's
house recently and she climbed all the way to the top.
* She absolutely loves dogs. It's so cute!
* She's now starting to respond to Curtis on the phone
with giggles.
* When I hug Sophie I used to pat her on the back, now
she's taken that on, and when she gives me a hug, she'll
pat me on the back.

Sophie is becoming more and more fun everyday. I can't
wait until she turns 1 and starts to walk!

2 comments:

Celisa said...

Wow, 9 months! She's getting old! She's a cutie!

Shanley said...

Sophie is growing up so fast! I can't believe she's almost one. I'm glad you update the cute little things she is doing now. You need to post some more pics. We can't wait to come visit you in a couple of weeks!!!