Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sophie Lately

Sophie is a crazy little pumpkin.
She's like our little boy. She's rough
and plays hard but she does get her
feelings hurt kind of easy. She never
listens when she's in trouble, we'll
tell her to come here and she just
laughs and runs away. It makes me
soooo mad. She's becoming a little
bit of a drama queen and that bothers
me as well. If she wants something
and we ignore her she'll start to squeal
and cry and we look at her and laugh
and she'll start to giggle like she's
guilty.

Some days she doesn't eat good at all
and then other days she'll eat more than
someone her size should.

She will go in the bathroom and pull
her pants down and wipe her butt with
some toilet paper. (she's obviously been
watching us go to the bathroom too much)

She did so good in her dance class the other
day and did everything she was told. She's the
youngest in her class and is probably the second
best in her class, the girl above her just turned
three. Her teacher always talks about how she
is fearless because she'll try anything and she's
very trusting.

She picks her nose all day long. I was in the
doctors office the other day for a bladder
infection and she picked her nose and wiped
her booger right on my arm. The doctor just
said "Now, what are kids for?"

She is such a daddy's girl and wants nothing
to do with me when he's around. I'm grateful
for it though because she drives me crazy. The
only time it's not helpful is when he can't take
her because he's busy and she just throws a fit.

Sophie always starts our prayers with her arms
folded and with one hand she'll try to slyly grab
some food and sneak it into her mouth while
she's bowing her head. She always says amen
with her arms up in the air. She rarely makes
it through a full prayer.

She's gotten so dang whiny lately and I'm about
ready to pull my hair out.

Curtis was in the bathroom the other day and
she always pesters him while he's in there and
she was knocking on the door and he said "go
away, I'm poopin'" she ran off saying "he's poopin'
daddy's poopin'!"

She ALWAYS says thank you when you give her
something, she's not as good at saying please.

She pulled the crust off of her pb&j today, I think
it was due to Curtis giving her a heart shaped
cookie cutter sandwich the other day. He's a great
dad, very playful and creative. We always talk about
how I need to get a high paying job so he could stay
home because he would be so much better at it than
me. Anytime I come home when he's watching her
he has it all together and I'm just the opposite, almost
in tears every time he comes home.

A couple of nights ago we went to an archery shoot
for Curtis and every time we'd go to pick up his arrows
she'd go over to the panther and grab it's face and growl
at it.

She's getting sneaky. She asked for a treat the other day
and we said no, so she dragged a chair to the treat cupboard
and climbed on top of it trying to get one and Curtis
pulled her down telling her no again, she threw another fit.
She's very determined and if she doesn't get what she wants
she throws major fits and usually ends up hurting herself.

She can count to five, with some help. She likes saying one
and two the best though. I'll say one and she'll say two, then
I'll say two and she'll say two, then I'll say three and she'll
say one. lol.

She gives high five then gives you knuckles, then she blows
it up by throwing her hands in the air and makes a blowing
up noise.

She says awesome, by saying Aweshum!

I can't believe she's almost two, time sure flies! We'll do
a photo session with her soon then I'll post them.

6 comments:

Portia said...

She sounds very smart!!! Way smart. I think she sound fun to. I cant believe she talks so good too. I want to see pictures of her soon!!! and I know what you mean about curtis being a better stay at home mom, Rye is good to, it makes me feel dumb sometimes!

Lonni said...

She is so fun! I just love her! It's easy for the guys bc they aren't with the kiddos ALL THE TIME. Shays better too. :) By the way, I LOVE your heading picture!

The Durham's said...

What a smartie pants! That's awesome she's in dance already! How did you get them to take let her in so young? She sounds almost as whiney as Elsie! And I know how you feel about switching with the hubby, it's crossed my mind a few times!

Ricci Harvey said...

Stef! One of the people here start taking them at 18 months.

Shanley said...

Curtis would be a good stay at home mom, but I think you are just as good. You have your little ways of being such a sweetheart to Sophie and you have done such an awesome job so far! You need to give yourself more credit girl. I can't wait to see her dance moves. I am so glad you got her started early! She's such a cutie pie. We miss you all!

The Slacks. said...

She sounds so adorable! What a cute- spunky little personality she has! (Reminds me of her mamma). PS ditto to the dads being better thing....and i also agree that it is because they aren't the ones doing it all the time!