I feel like I've been gone for so long. My computer broke, at possible the worst time ever. Anywho, it's not that big of a deal, I just photographed 3 football teams, their tournament in Mesquite, and to family sessions and my computer broke, so I can't order prints, edit photos, or burn CD's for them... bummer... I just realized that I still had my old computer though so I thought I'd post so I didn't forget some fun things about the kids and things that were going on lately. I'll have to post pictures later after I get my computer back on Tuesday.
Sophie- She says all kinds of junk now. Today was pretty funny, she was talking to my mom on the phone about Santa Claus and all that, and Papa Chuck gets on the phone. If you know Chuck, he is a very loud, colorful character. He said HI SOPHIE, and Sophie says, Paka Chuck, you're loud! It made me laugh, he thought I told her to say that.
When Sophie's belly growls, she says "Mom, you heard that? That means my belly's hungry!"
When she's frustrated she says, "COME ON!"
She told me she wanted to walk down the path with me. I didn't even know she knew the word path, she must have gotten it from Pocahontas.
She sings her ABC's, and lots of other songs like, Once There Was A Snowman, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, 5 Little Monkey's Swinging in the Tree, Popcorn Popping, and one of her favorites is 5 Little Monkey's Jumping on the Bed. My favorite part of that song is when she should sing, "mommy called the doctor and the doctor said" but instead she says "Call the mommy-doctor and the doctor said" Cutest thing ever.
Anytime we ask her to do something, she always says "I just"- doing this, or looking at this, or talking to Crew, to explain herself.
We had our ward Christmas party on Friday and she went to see Santa and Curtis said, "It's your turn." Sophie said "Nuh-uh" and Santa said, "Do you want some candy?" Sophie took like two steps toward him, then creeped up to arm's length then grabbed the bag of candy and ran. LOL
Later she told my mom about Santa and said, "Santa gave me a bag, but it didn't have a present in it, it had an orange in it."
Everytime she sees Crew she says "Hi Handson" (handsome)
Sophie says "I sorry" a lot, but she doesn't really mean it, she continues to do the same things.
If someone does something to her that she doesn't like, she'll point her finger at them and say "DON'T DO THAT TO ME!"
Crew- Crew is as smiley as can be, he is the sweetest baby. He has the most amazing giggle, and he laughs HARD. He get's out of breath laughing and you can't help but laugh with him. Occasionally it makes me tear up, it's so sweet.
Poor Crew is getting neglected, his sister is so hard right now that he sits in his swing or bouncy seat a lot, so I can track her down.
Occasionally he'll sleep through the night but mostly he is waking up every two hours to eat, Sophie slept through the night since 5 weeks and he is almost 4 months, it's crazy the difference, I wonder if he'll be more hefty because of it.
He still rolls from his belly to his back but has yet to roll from his back to his belly, although he has rolled from his back to his side, so I have no doubt that he can roll from back to belly.
He has been strong from day 1 and has been able to hold his head pretty well from the beginning. I can't wait until he can sit, he gets irritated laying around all the time, I think he feels like he's missing out because when I hold him sitting up and looking out, he's just as happy as can be.
He LOVES Sophie! She is so sweet to him and helps out occasionally to get him to stop crying while I finish something up.
He was baby Jesus in our ward Christmas program, and he was the man, didn't cry at all, just like baby Jesus.
Crew just discovered his feet recently and holds onto them when he's on his back, so cute!
Curtis- Curt got a new job pumping for Anadarko as a contractor through WTG, eventually he will get on with Anadarko and get a fat raise. But for now, we took a little pay cut for a better job. He has a company vehicle and gas card so we no longer have to pay travel for him to get to and from work. As well as he now gets paid for drive time one way, which he didn't before. He is actually making a dollar per hour more starting at this job, and will get a dollar or two hour raise now that he's trained but he works much less hours so his paychecks are smaller. I'm a happy girl though because he works two hours less a day, so we see him much longer after work, as well as he works 8 days on, 6 days off so he get a week off every other week and it is fabulous. We are currently working on getting out of debt and are wanting to buy another home, hopefully in our same ward. We have our eye on one that is two doors down from our best friends here, we know the owners but they aren't sure they want to sell the house yet so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
We originally had 6 friends that lived here that we knew before we moved here and all of them are going to be gone now except for two. Kind of sad, we will miss them, but we also love all of the new friends we have made.
Curtis is loving coyote hunting and getting paid bounty for it, it's like his favorite past time.
We just got memberships to our awesome rec center, we are excited, because we can swim in the super fun pool, and rock climb anytime we want, I want to get into shape and play ball again.
Me- I am on the enrichment committee in our ward, and it is my most favorite calling ever! Our ward Christmas party was the best I've seen! We have a ton of fun together and I love the girls I serve with. One of whom was making decor for the party at my house last week and her two year old almost poked her eye out at our house, she had to get two stitches for a small hole she poked high up on her cheek bone, very deep. I ran with them to the urgent care and helped hold her down while she got stitches, it was hard on her mom, I felt so bad. We were so rushed and I couldn't find my shoes so I went in my socks, haha.
Curtis and I got called to teach Sunday School together, the 12-14 year old's, I have to say, I don't enjoy teaching, I feel like I don't know what I'm talking about, but I'm glad because we are teaching two our our nephews, whom I love so much. They are good kids!
I wasn't sure if I would want to have more kids after being pregnant with Crew, but having him around makes me baby hungry, I already feel like I could have another one. When I have to deal with Sophie though, I think twice. Can't wait for the terrible two's to be over-with.
Our new, good friends are the Christensen's, Brian, Lindsay, and their kids, Talmon, Cooper, and Brooklyn. They also have a sweet little boy named Andrew in heaven. They are big supporters of the March of Dimes and I'm excited to help in their next fundraiser. Brian is an funny, easy-going guy, Lindsay is hilarious, and so much fun! Probably my favorite person to be around, and she is an excellent mother, I feel like I'm better just by being around her. Their kids are so good and so sweet. Sophie has a crush on Cooper, he held her hand practically the whole night during the Holly Days celebration. We played games and had pie with them on Thanksgiving evening, and we plan on having Christmas dinner with them. They are amazing and are like family, we love them!
I am alive!
3 years ago




2 comments:
Its so good to hear a detailed update of u guys!! Sophie sounds so much like knox! All i hear all day is "im wowwey mom". But like sophie hes so not!!! I keep forgetting u have a little guy you need to post more pictures of him, because i love your children...and you of course!
Yeah! So glad you updated. We can't wait to see your little cuties at Christmas. It sounds like you guys are all doing good. I bet you are an awesome Enrichment Committee member. You need to post some pics!! Love you all!
Post a Comment