I figured I better update since I've been MIA lately. My good computer is back in the shop... bummer.
I wanted to write a few Sophie sayings that I forgot to put a few months ago so I could remember them.
* "My diaper's getting crazy!" (she used to say this with a navajo accent when she would get a wedgie!)
* "You hear that? That sound's my belly's hungry!" (When her stomach would growl she would say this.)
Sophie is potty trained! It didn't take much, she runs to the bathroom now saying "I gotta pee, I gotta pee, I gotta pee..." pretty cute. Today is the first day she's pooped in the potty though, not bad for four days.
She spent a week with her Grandma Ruby and Grandpa Lee last week. It was a nice and quiet week off. I really missed her but we've been butting heads ever since she got home. Grandma and Grandpa were so surprised and pleased with her. She got the stomach flu while she was down there and fell down the stairs and cut her head open and bled profusely and she never asked for me once. She's not needy at all, in fact she's very independent.
Cruiser is getting pretty lively. He can sit now and still roll from belly to back, I think he can roll back to belly but he hasn't yet, he only rolls from back to side. When he's on his belly he tries to put his knees underneath him and he gets so ticked off and squeals because it causes him to shove his face into the floor. I'll be relieved when he can crawl. He is super needy compared to Sophie, although everyone that is around him thinks he is the most well behaved baby, maybe I just really can't handle neediness. He's starting to suck his thumb and fingers, What?! I've tried since day one to get this kid to take a binky and he won't, he just gags and throws up. Now he likes his fingers. He is a happy little guy and is always grinning. Sophie can make him laugh harder than anyone else, and she'll do just about anything to make him laugh. He just adores her. Crew is in the 10th percentile for his height and weight. I have petite babies. He's now 5 months old and is still in 0-3 month clothes. He still sleeps in his swing. I'm determined to start sleeping him in his crib soon though.
Curtis still loves his job. We are selling his truck here soon to help pay off debt. He hasn't driven it in over a month because he has his work truck. We're hoping to pay off all of our debt except my car and have enough for a down payment on a house after our tax return. I really would like to build, it's so much cheaper than buying similar homes. We were looking a little cheaper but we'll see.
I got released from my calling in Young Women's, I was so relieved, it was so unorganized. I have a hard time working like that. I still hold a calling as a member of the Enrichment Committee and it is one of my very favorite callings besides my last ward's Young Women's. Curtis and I also got called to team teach the 12-14 year olds for Sunday School. I didn't like the idea at first but I think the kids like me and it makes it fun. I'm teaching both of my nephews in that class, Orion and Titan.
Curtis and I recently went and did baptisms for the dead with our nephew Titan for some ancestors on Curtis' side of the family. It was really neat. Titan did the men and I did the women and Curtis baptized us both. We are planning on going back on Saturday to do the initiatories for all of them and endowments for one couple, then we will go back and do that couple's sealing another time. It's so awesome to do people you are actually related to and it gets me super excited about family history work.
Curtis participated in the Burbot Bash this year with Chuck, they had a lot of fun ice fishing but only caught two fish. They were pretty bummed that they didn't even come close to winning the $10,000.00 prize.
I've been sewing a ton lately. I sewed my sister-in-law Laura's crib set for her baby girl that will be born in April and it turned out awesome. I hope to take pictures of it next time I run over there she didn't send me very great ones. I'm also re-sewing Sophie's bed set. I'm really excited about it, I haven't started yet though. I've been sewing blankets for micro-preemie, preemie, and newborn size babies that are born sleeping. A friend and I are doing it for memory boxes for parents who lost babies. We are going to sew some cloth diapers as well. We are mainly focusing on micro-preemies since they don't have blankets, diapers, clothes, and hats their size. My mom is crocheting the beanies, they are super cute and so tiny! We were originally just sewing blankets, but I'd really like to set up full boxes.
I am alive!
3 years ago




3 comments:
Wow rick your awesome!! You sound like Super lady(,I'm so proud if u!). Sophie sounds so funny! I want to watch her drive u crazy so bad, I would so get a kick out of it. Haha!
I'm sure you would!
That is so neat that you are doing that for the preemie babies! What a neat way to do service. I can't believe Crew is 5 months! You need to post some pics girl. We gotta see those cuties of yours.
Post a Comment