I've been so bored with blogging lately, maybe I just feel down and not up to much, who knows? Anyway, I haven't blogged for a while and Crew has done some new things. He's almost 8 months now, weird, he's so close to 1. Where does the time go?
Crew said Dada the first time on March 7th, and that is pretty much all that comes out of his mouth now. When he's sad, dadadadada, when he's bored dadadadada. He is hesitant to crawl, I guess. He's been getting up on all fours and rocking for over a month now, but he won't even try to crawl. It's weird. I sometimes wonder if he's behind because Sophie was so ahead, but I'm sure he's fine. He's a laid back kid, doesn't worry too much about anything. He's a happy little guy too, but he has very sensitive feelings so if you upset him it's the end of the world. Once he starts crying he doesn't get over it easily and he cries for a LONG TIME. He really is a sweetheart though.
He likes to eat baby food now, he used to gag on the spoon and throw up. haha. He's sleeping in his crib now and we've finally taken the swing that he lived in for the past 7 months back to the garage. It's a nice feeling. He still wakes up 2-3 times a night but he sleeps better now. Food has not replaced nursing. If I'm away, Curtis will feed him baby food to calm him down, and after a while he just gets ticked, and he won't stop until I nurse him. I hate it. So anyway, Crew has been my right hand man for the last 8 months, I kind of miss my independence.
Life has been so much more pleasant since Shanley posted the challenge to celebrate others. It's made me feel better about myself and happier overall to root other people on instead of being jealous that they've accomplished something that I feel I cannot.
I started Pampered Chef, and I LOVE it. I have an amazing team who wants to see me succeed, and they are so helpful and I'm doing well with it.
Curtis still loves his job, what?! Anadarko, the company he is currently contracting for is hiring 4 new guys in a couple of days and that has been the goal since he started this job. He would get a 7 dollar an hour raise, doing the same thing he is now, plus like a month of paid vacation from the start, which is amazing because he already gets every other week off. Say a little prayer that he'll get picked. If he doesn't this time I know he will eventually anyway so I'm not concerned, but it would be nice.
Sophie is so smart and says funny things all the time. Sometimes things she never should have heard in the first place... She'll be 3 in a couple weeks, it's crazy! She still fits into her summer clothes from last year though. Score! She's getting taller but is still thin and petite, and this girl can eat! She loves to dance and her favorite show lately has been Angelina Ballerina. She's a tom-boy, we watched Life Of Pi a couple nights ago. It was PG so I let Sophie watch it with us, it's probably not entirely appropriate for a two year old though. When the tiger got the goat she was ticked that it didn't show it and she wanted to watch it again. It concerns me a little bit that she isn't sensitive to life, but maybe it's just curiosity?
Curtis and I have been going to the temple every other week until this month. It's been about a month now. (sometimes life gets crazy) We've been taking in family names lately and it's so neat to do your own family. We still have 4 names we have to take through and 2 of them we'll be able to do the sealing for. I'm excited. We haven't done sealings since our own and I feel like we're missing out.
I've been playing basketball on the Rec league with some women from my ward and it is sooo fun! For once in my life someone is glad I'm on their team and they encourage me, so I feel like it makes me play better as well. I play down under since I'm one of the only ones that can post up, I'm loving it.
Last weekend Curtis and I played on our ward's volleyball team for the stake tournament. That was a TON of fun! It was frustrating though because we sucked... haha, we seemed to play at the same level as the team we were playing no matter how good they were, and I don't think we lost to a team we couldn't have beat. It was still a lot of fun though, and I'm loving being more active through sports.
So anyway, we're all doing good!
I am alive!
3 years ago





3 comments:
Oh Ricci! I just love you. You are an awesome person and momma! I can't believe Sophie is turning 3. I got on your blog to steal some pics for your moms Christmas and you have taken some ADORABLE pics of her over the years. I knew your mom would like them all. I hope Curtis gets that raise that would be awesome! Love you and miss ya!
Oh man you are awesome I wish I had themotavation to play sports! I am glad Shanley did it as we'll it is all ways good to make someone feel better!
Your kids are ADORABLE!! And we all go through these blogging ruts. When I had my baby, I swore I would never blog again (ha ha) But I do it for journaling's sake!
Post a Comment