Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crew's 1st Birthday

 Crew's 1st birthday wasn't a big event at our house. :( I love to make a big deal about
my kids birthdays but I've been so dang busy that I still haven't taken his 1 year photos.
I better get on that. Crew turned 1 on August 26th! Below are some pictures of his day.
Sooo funny, he didn't want anything to do with his cake.


He melts my heart.

feeling it out.

Tearing it apart.

Then the fear sets in....

and he gets hysterical haha.

Curtis tried to make it better by putting cake all over his face, but
you can tell Crew is traumatized. haha.

Crew seems so behind compared to Sophie, but she was early with everything so he's probably on track.
He has yet to walk, he doesn't even want to try, if we try to get him to walk between the two of us he just
sits  down, but he'll walk all over if we hold his hands.

He is finally drinking from a sippy cup, he refused for sooo long, so I'm looking forward to having him
completely weaned.

He eats some softer foods now. The doctor thinks he just has a little under-developed throat or something,
I can't remember but he had a hard time swallowing for a long time, he would just gag and throw up. He's
doing better though now, so that's good!

Crew has 5 teeth now!

He waves and claps and it is the sweetest thing on the earth!

Today he stood up in the middle of the living room all by himself, so he may start to try to walk soon!

He's starting to pat your back when he gives hugs. I would do anything for a hug from this little guy,
he squeezes really tight and it's so sweet! (side story: We dropped him off at his aunt Lonni's house
so we could go to the temple and we came to pick him up and he was screaming! (He's a momma's boy
bad!) Curtis went and grabbed him and Crew hugged him, then looked back then started crying again,
and hugged him harder, it was sad but cute!)

I can tell he'll be intelligent like Curtis. He likes to figure things out, like what they do, how they work, etc.

This little boy has made our house so much more fun, he loves his sister so much and she loves him too! 


4 comments:

Shanley said...

Oh he is such a little stud. I love that he pats your back when he gives hugs. I can't wait to see you guys again.

Portia said...

What a cutie pie!! He is like Curtis's Mini me!

The McKims! said...

I cant believe he is already one! he is adorable! Such a little stud!

Celisa said...

He is so cute!