Tuesday, March 4, 2014

An update that's been a long time coming...

I have been so awful at updating my blog. It just seems like such a hassle. Crew is getting a little crazy, and I love it. He definitely looks it though haha.




He's getting so funny! It took him so long to get a personality other than being a cry baby. We sent Sophie down with my mom for a week and he grew so much in that time. This little boy has 12 teeth now and walks and runs around all over the place. He doesn't ever talk. I worry about that a little bit, but I'm sure it will come with time. He says "Uh-oh", "dada", "Hi", and "Thank you". He signs "more" and "please". This little boy is the SWEETEST. He is so tenderhearted. He gets his feelings hurt easily. He breaks down when I tell him no. But not in a fit throwing way, in a heartbroken, tears rolling down his cheeks way. He hugs everyone! He loves to hug and it is the sweetest thing you've ever seen. I love to hear him laugh. He just cracks up and it is so funny! Here's some more pictures from the last little while.

Halloween teeth

Crew and his cousin Kylie, she is way younger than him and about the same size.

Crew's first time riding a horse.

That's an odd way to play with the kindle. haha

Yogurt everywhere.

stud muffin :)
They are so good for each other.
funniest day ever. Crew loves doughnuts!

We chopped Sophie's hair off in a pixie cut and when we first did it, I thought it was so cute, now I think, "What was I thinking?"




As for Sophie, she is in preschool. We do a joy school where all the moms take turns each week teaching for two days. It's been pretty awesome actually. Sophie can write her name now, and she's learning all sorts of things. She loves it. 

The day we cut Sophie's hair.

what a weirdo. She's obsessed with my kindle.

soo cute!

Sophie loves my mom, they are two peas in a pod and best buds.

So excited to see Santa at our ward party.

Making snow angels.

So excited to ride the Polar Express in Heber.

This was both kids first train ride, we had a lot of fun.

Wearing high heels, no big deal...


Sophie and her little boyfriend Bowtrie Ice fishing, with our dog Hannah.

Sophie's first time ice skating with Daddy.


As for Curtis and Me, we've just been hanging out. Curtis has been doing a lot of ice fishing and duck hunting. I just got a shop at our local fabric shop called Quilted Hens! I'm so excited, I've been harassing her for a job the last three years. They have the BEST stuff in there, all designer fabrics. It's going to be so much fun! I've also been hanging out with the sister missionaries about 4 hours a week teaching with them. It has been sooo awesome. I really love the people that we teach, our friend Tiffany is getting baptized in two weeks! Our other friend Jody is the nicest, most kind man. He fell away from the church and is now trying to find his way back. He wants a good woman in his life, so if you know of anyone, hit me up haha! He's 32 with 3 kids. The spirit in his home is sooo amazing, I love going there. 
Curtis LOVES his job with Anadarko, that has been such a blessing in our lives. It was tough to find a job that Curtis likes, and this was a score because we get paid well and they take very good care of their employees. They pay for our gym membership and he gets a company vehicle paid for.

dark photo but I am a nintendo controller and Curtis is the guy from weekend at Bernie's.

I made this tinker bell costume for Sophie, She wanted to be tinker bell so  I made her costume after the show where she meets her ice fairy sister. It's a pretty cute show.

Crew is a fly fishing fly, hahaha.

Curtis and Hannah with their pheasant.

We've been remodeling Sophie's room. Our whole house is wood paneling so we ripped it all out and sheet rocked her room, taped, textured and we're now putting up trim. We also scraped the popcorn ceiling.

before

before

before

during

Me, before scraping the ceiling, I took all precautions in case it had asbestos in it. It's pretty common.

Sheet rock

I did the built-ins above Sophie's closet

and I did all of the corner bead


after, with more subtle paint, before trim. I'll add more pictures as we get more done.

Chuck and Curtis did the burbot bash on flaming gorge, Chuck got in the Wyoming paper!


Love you all!

3 comments:

Shanley said...

YAY!!! So glad you updated. First of all there are so many cute pics I can't name them all but I love the one of Sophie playing on the Kindle with Crew on her lap. I laughed out loud. Great job on Sophie's room and congrats on the job! Wahoo you go girl!!

Portia said...

Oh my heck, your kids are so cute!! They look so much like you! Sophie is so pretty!! I love the picture of you in your mask....reminds me of some of your old getups!

McKay and Amanda Jones said...

You're kids are so cute! Love your latest photo session to!