Sunday, January 2, 2011

Upadate, since I'm bad about it.

So I realized that I'm picture crazy.
I just like to visualize things, so I
don't seem to write a lot. But since this
is my journal, I better.

For Thanksgiving
we stayed in Junction and ate at our
Aunt Ann's and Uncle Gene's. We had
a delicious Turkey dinner. Curtis' dad
and step-mom Lee and Ruby and their
family came and stayed with us. It was
a lot of fun! We played a lot of games and
went black Friday shopping together.

About a week before Christmas Curtis
Volunteered to plow snow on Vail pass.
He had to go for a week so I decided to
go back to Utah to spend time with my
family. I LOVE my family! We had a
little Christmas family dinner, all the
boys and my sisters-in-law came with
their kids. It was fun. I learned a new
game called pirates dice, which I didn't
like that much because I'm so competitive
and I lost, every time... Not only did I
lose I was like last place every time.
Oh well. You tube videos were definitely
a big hit for the night as well, as they always
are, Curtis and my brothers play on You
tube the whole time they are together,
every time they are together. For the rest
of the week, Sophie and I just chilled at
my mom's house while she was at work
then we got to hang out with her and
Chuck in the evenings. Our family is so
blessed to have Chuck in our lives. He is
a great man and he is so good to my mom.
I also got to hang out with Shanley for a day
which was so fun, (for me, I'm not so sure it
was for her) We made a little craft for me
that was so cute! A modge podge temple
board with our wedding date and names on it.
I love it! Also she taught me some things on
photoshop. I loved it! I was so excited.
I also got to do some Christmas shopping
with Amanda and Trevor. I love little Trevor,
He's such a good boy. Amanda is so fun.
She fits in well. I love her sarcasm.

For Christmas, Curtis, Sophia, and I spent our
Christmas at home together this year. I think we've
only done that once before. This year was a fun
Christmas. I know it's not about the gifts but it was
fun to finally be able to spoil my family this year. Curtis
and I usually try to not buy anything, as to save money.
But this year we were able to have some good gifts this
year for Christmas. Of course it was fun to be able to
spoil Sophie as well. She opened half of her presents
before Christmas. It was so hard to keep her away from
the presents. She kept choking on wrapping paper. So
I talked Curtis into opening presents on Christmas Eve.
Curtis got a game camera and a hunting blind, Sophie got
a lot of toys, and I got a huge, expensive, jewelry armoire.
We had a big turkey dinner with us and Steve, it was nice
to have a Christmas with just our little family.

For New Year's we went to dinner at Gene and Ann's.
We had a pasta bar, and lots of good sides. We played some
fun games. My favorite being, Times Up. It's such a fun game.
Curtis had to go into work on New Year's at 4am though so
we left at 9 o'clock :(. I was going to drop him off at home
then go back and join back in in the festivities but I fell asleep.
I'm not much for staying up late. But we had a good time while
we were there though.

Last night, Curtis, Sophie, and I took a drive up on Baxter
pass. It was fun! We were going to go out to shoot crows or rabbits
but we didn't really see any. But we did see like six buck and a
bunch of does. Also We saw a small herd of Elk. That was really fun.
It's finally snowed here a couple of days ago. I thought we
were going to be able to say that it was January and no snow yet,
but that didn't happen. Oh well. We've been having so much fun
in our new home that we bought a couple of months ago. It's
so much nicer than our last place. Plus it's in a much smaller
town, and we like that. We're small town folks. I will post pictures
of the house as soon as everything has a place and it warms up.

6 comments:

Portia said...

Rikki, thanks so much for your sweet comments!!! I love you!!! I am so thankful we were and are still good friends, we were all so lucky to have each other! I really enjoyed this post! .....Sohie is a freaking doll to, I love the next post with all the pictures of her! ....I hope you understand that I am planing on having Knox Marry her.....I know you already have it arranged, but this is a done decision! haha! (but how fun would that be) Poor Celisa doesnt know that I have already warped Holden into being in love with Livi! haha!

Portia said...

Rikki, thanks so much for your sweet comments!!! I love you!!! I am so thankful we were and are still good friends, we were all so lucky to have each other! I really enjoyed this post! .....Sohie is a freaking doll to, I love the next post with all the pictures of her! ....I hope you understand that I am planing on having Knox Marry her.....I know you already have it arranged, but this is a done decision! haha! (but how fun would that be) Poor Celisa doesnt know that I have already warped Holden into being in love with Livi! haha!

Celisa said...

Sounds like you had fun holidays! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new house, I'm excited to see the pictures! And Portia's comment makes me laugh, because I've shown Livi pictures of Holden and she already loves him, ha ha! Your Sophie is so cute!

Ricci Harvey said...

Oh yeah! Arranged marriages are the new black!

Shanley said...

I'm glad you updated. It sounds like you guys had a great holiday. I did have a blast with you guys and I miss Sophie so bad! You know what that means...it's about time for us to come visit you guys soon!

Lonni said...

I wish we could have spent the Holidays with you guys too. Sounds like you enjoyed them. We miss being around the family. I wish we could live up there! I want to see pictures of your new house. I didn't have an address for you and by the time I got your card it was Christmas Eve so I'm so sorry you didn't get one from me. I should have text you and got it but it has been so crazy here. Just know I love you tons! And your cute little family!