Wednesday, October 6, 2010

5 Months, Antelope, & Color Sunday

I don't really know where to start, but there
is a picture overload, as always.

We took a little trip last weekend to Vernal to
see a couple of our friends, Carrie Mair, and
Anne Pierce. It was a lot of fun to see Carrie
and feel like things never changed, she makes
me laugh, it's so fun to be around her and it's
fun to see her become more interested in the
church. Anne, is a former girlfriend of Curtis'
that I am good friends with. We stayed the
night at her and her husbands home. They
just bought their home and are in the middle of
renovating it. We just found out that Anne is
pregnant and is expecting her baby on the
same due date as Sophie's, April 26th.

We went to Vernal because it's the closest place
we have friends by where Curtis' area was for
the antelope hunt. It was Sophie's first hunt,
and Curtis' first antelope.


Sophie sitting in the truck while we were getting
the antelope loaded.















Curtis and his first antelope, he's a happy camper.














Sophie kept trying to grab it so I had to sit further
away.






























Curtis cutting the antelope into chunks so I can
grind it for hamburger.



















We got a lot of hamburger! Total processed
meat was about 35 lbs, which is pretty good
for an antelope.













Grand Junction has a thing called Color Sunday.
On the Grand Mesa there's a ski resort called
Powderhorn. There's one Sunday a year where
all the colors are supposed to be in full bloom
and you can ride the lifts up to the top of the
mountain to check everything out. We decided
just to drive because we didn't know if they'd let
us take Sophie up. This year wasn't quite as
colorful because it hadn't been quite cold enough.






















































































































































Sophie is 5 months old!

Man how time flies. I remember the day I
had her like it was yesterday. She's quite the
funny girl. A few things to remember about 5
months:

*She's been rolling since 3 months but now rolls
from one side of the room to the other and all
over the place.

*She's starting to bite me when nursing, and
thinks it's funny. She gets a big grin on
her face. Ouch.

*She LOVES rice cereal. I was going to put
pictures of her eating up but my camera card
is being dumb. She grabs the spoon while I'm
trying to feed her to get it into her mouth faster.
It's pretty hard to feed her. When she grabs the
spoon she sucks on it and bangs it on her tray.

* When I go to pick her up she'll reach for me
and try to help by starting to sit up.

* Her laugh is SO funny and so cute. It's the most
girlie squealy laugh ever.

* She loves our dog Shelby and gets death grips on
her hair. She grabs her ears and sticks her fingers
in her eyes, and starts cracking up. Poor dog.

* Shelby loves Sophie, I've decided I can't keep Sophie
clean. Every time I look over Shelby is licking Sophie's
hands face and inside her mouth.

* She's so close to crawling, she'll reach really hard for
something in front of her, then she'll get a knee under
her and try to push and she'll scream and get really
frustrated that she's not getting anywhere.

* She chews/sucks on EVERYTHING. My hair, arm,
fingers, her fists, clothes, and when she grabs onto
Shelby she tries to suck on her hair. I usually catch
her before this happens.

* She's still very vocal and she's starting to try to mock
our words with matching sounds.

* She loves technology, she grabs our phones and
immediately sticks them in her mouth. Also every time
we try to video her, if she sees the camera, she'll
immediately stop doing whatever it was that she was
doing and just stare.




































I had to get a picture of her binky. Shelby has
chewed up every single binky that I had for
Sophie. She got a hold of this one but I got it
before she chewed it completely up. I still need
to buy some new ones.



















Sophie tries to look out the window everytime I
change her. I think she has the cutest little bum.



























Chewing on her dress.




























I have become obsessed with extreme close-ups.
Sophie gets more animated with each picture.



























































She got a little overly excited here.
She did her crazy scream and fell
over.
She looks a little deranged.

9 comments:

Sammy said...

She is so cute!! I can't believe how big she has gotten..

Anonymous said...

Oh she is such a cutie Ricci!! I can't believe she is already 5 months!

Celisa said...

She's such a cutie! I love the picture of her that you have as the header on your blog, and the one where you two are both wearing hats, and the one where she is screaming. Ha ha, I like all of them. :)

Erica Locke said...

Yay for fall colors and antelope! Looks like so much fun. You and Curtis look so cute and Sophie is a doll.

The McKims! said...

Hey Woman! You really are the womans, turning antelope into burger and all! Sophie is getting so big! I think she has the prettiest, big round eyes!

Shanley said...

That's so cool that Curtis got an antelope. You look so cute Ricci, and your hair is SO long! I miss Sophie, but I'm glad that you keep your blog updated! We love you tons.

Heidi Gardner said...

Oh she is so so so cute!!! I wish I could meet her in person! The color sunday thing seems fun and beautiful!

Portia said...

Fun rick!!! Sophie is so FREAKING adorable!! She is getting so big and mature. You look so cute to!

The Slacks. said...

bahaha the crazy scream is so cute! She is adorable. Looks like you guys had fun!