Friday, January 14, 2011

New Year

I have been struggling a lot lately. I started to
get a small bit of depression about the last 2
months of my pregnancy with Sophie. It's
progressively gotten worse with time. That's
why I haven't been posting so much. I've been
trying to fix it, but when you're depressed you
don't have motivation, let alone the motivation
to fix all of the things that are wrong with you.
One of my very best friends from high school,
Lashel, wrote a post today that really motivated
me. It also made me realize how much I am in
a place that I don't want to be. I've also developed
mastitis over the past week (An infection of the
breast) so I've been very ill, and that doesn't really
make things better. But I am so blessed to have
such a loving husband that took 2 days off of work
to watch Sophie for me and take care of me. He
does so much more for me than I could ever do
for him. He keeps the house running when I feel
like I can't. So anyway, I'm going to make some
goals for myself to put into place.
*Get into shape ( I started a biggest loser program)
I have to take care of myself before I can take care
of anyone else. I get very depressed when I'm not
active and I don't feel good about myself.
*Have at least 1 hour of learning time, 1 on 1 with
Sophie a day.
* Make Curtis' lunches for him, for work.
* Make dinner at least 5 nights a week.
These goals might sound simple, but trust me
I struggle everyday, so this is ambitious.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ricci I know how you feel...I've been depressed on and off since I had Elsie, and I could blame it on post partum and what not, but it's just me. Goals are the best, they keep us going and focused!

Shanley said...

Ricci, I know you will you achieve these goals you've set for yourself, especially if you put your mind to it. But I want you to remember all of your good qualities too, because you have so many! I hope you always know what a good mom, wife, sister, friend etc. you are! We love you to death, and I think you're doing a great job with Sophie. Keep up the good work.

Portia said...

Rick, you are ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! Life is so hard and even harder being a mother. You will be ok, I have gone through the same thing, staying busy is the key!....Not to sound like miss Granolo herbal lady but I have become really close with my Gyno/midwife, and she is like miss natural cure lady and she had me get on a heavy duty calcium & D pill and a good organic V B!! And let me tell you after a week I felt like a new lady!! Also When I was suffering post partum with Holden I took Saint Johns Wort for only a week, and It got me all normal again and back on track (It's at any health food store, and has been used for hundreds of years to treat depression)......Dont think I am weird But Try it out, sometimes out attitude just isnt enough, your body could be lacking =)
Love you Rikki!!! Give me a call!!

Celisa said...

Just want to let you know how much I love and look up to you Ricci! I know that you will do great accomplishing your goals, and that you are a wonderful friend, wife and mother. I struggle a lot with those things too. Two things that have done wonders for me is making sure that I exercise most days of the week and also study my scriptures every day. Exercise can give us natural "feel good" endorphines and the scriptures remind me how much Heavenly Father loves all of us. Love you Ricci! Like Portia said, you can call me anytime, and I'd love to talk and catch up.

Lonni said...

Ricci...you are such an amazing person. Full of light. Remember who you are. You are a daughter of God. He knows you and wants you to be happy. Being a mom is hard and takes so much sacrafice. Just stay focused on the joyful things in your life. After I had Titan I became very depressed. I had a friend tell me to look in the mirror every day and smile and say I am a daughter of God. And then for every negitive thought I had, I would have to say 5 positive things about myself. It really helped! Your goals sound just like mine. They are not simple at all. It takes so much work to accomplish all of those things! Call anytime. I understand how you feel. Love you!

Chantel Garrett said...

So, I think you are so awesome for posting this and I have been going throug the exact same thing with feeling depressed and unmotivated. I started crying just reading your post. Maybe that is why I wanted to get together with you sometime time soon so bad. Life is hard and I feel so alone without a support system close by. I really really want to come see you soon. My husband uses the weather when I bring it up and it hasn't been the best recently lots of snow, but I don't know maybe you should call me if you just want someone to talk to that is in a similar place I know that I need it sometimes. I love you ricci good job stay motivated and positive.

The McKims! said...

Hey Ricci! i read Lashels blog too and wanted to tell her that she (like all of us) is sooo only human!!! but i didnt, so i'll tell you. its not always easy, but we try, right and try again? Dont sweat the small stuff, its not worth sweating over! Lame i know, but its one of the hardest lessons i've had to learn being married and having children. anyway i love u to death!