Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sophie's Dance Recital (craziness)

































Cheesy grin!



















Curtis was teaching her to
look like a thug.


















This is her own sweet little
pose.


Sophie's dance recital was a MESS!
She definitely had the most personality
there but she didn't do her dance! The
music wasn't working so her dance
teacher had to bring her Ipod with
speakers in and put a microphone by
them. As soon as Sophie got on stage
she ran over, took the microphone
and started running with it, I had to
grab it from her and the hundreds of
people there were cracking up.

In the first video Sophie is doing twinkle
twinkle little star but they used the stars
to show them their places so when they
gave it to her she immediately threw it on
the ground and stood on it. Then, when the
music started, she looked like "oh crap" and
ran back and got it and did her little dance.

In the second video they put them with the
3 year olds to dance, which was a bad idea
because then it was just more distraction for
their little brains because they've never seen
them before, and when they went to competition
the week before a lot of their lollipops got broken
so they went and bought real lollipops for
the younger girls to use for their dance. Bad idea
number 2. Sophie was so excited to have a lollipop
she ran to the end of the stage and kept yelling
"Dad, open it, it's a sucker!" Everybody laughed
again, then she decided she really really wanted
him to see it so she started running to the end of
the 4 foot stage, and she wasn't stopping. I was
video taping and I really thought Sophie was going
to die so I dropped the camera and swore. It was
all so dramatic that everyone in the crowd gasped.
You could tell that she didn't realize she was close
to the edge, I think because of all the lights. Anyway
in this video, if you don't want to hear me say the "s"
word, turn your sound off at the end. I thought the
video was funny because she gets in this other girls
face and just starts grinning at her. It was a
huge mess but pretty dang funny.




ok so I'm kind of sad because the video
where Sophie is actually doing the
dance won't upload. Anyway...

No comments: