dad just hanging around at
home but it was very eventful.

Sophie got into a brand new bottle of
sunscreen, we were watching a movie
and realized the silence of death was
lurking in our house so we went looking
for her and this is what we found. We
had to throw out 3 toys, wash at least
15 and it took a half bottle of dawn
dish soap and 3 baths to get it off of
Sophie. The next day her skin was still
supple and soft. haha
The next day, Sophie found
a marker and drew all over
herself. Doesn't she look
proud. She's not allowed to
color.
We blew up the pool in our
back yard and let Sophie swim
for a couple of hours and we
just relaxed watching her in
the shade. She eventually
stripped herself down.
Dad IS dressed, I realized
with Sophie naked and his
white shorts it might be
easy to jump to conclusions.
Curtis is the BEST dad, he
is so fun with Sophie, this
time he put the bucket on
his head to entertain her.
He made her cute flower
shaped pancakes. It's so cute.
Daddy being a shark.
Trying to dry off in the sun.
Grinning at me because she thought
she got me to believe she was actually
sleeping. She fake snores and all.
So this is where the story gets gross.
I had to post because these are my
family journals and Sophie will be
embarrassed some day to see these with
her boyfriend. Two mornings in a row
before she came out of her bedroom
to say she was awake, she pooped, then
took her diaper off then sat on her bed
and slid off. It makes me laugh to see
the two little butt cheeks in poop.
The next day this is what I found. Not
as bad but a little smear and still had
to wash her sheets.
All ready for Church on Sunday
I think she looks so cute in this
dress.
She posed herself to show off
her dress.
Update on Sophie:
I've been trying to remember
everything she is doing because
she is so funny, but I've been
way behind.
*Sophie is a huge
tease, she drives me crazy.
*She is so defiant, not trying to
be a brat but because she thinks
she is constantly teasing us and
thinks we're having fun too. We
don't. It just makes us mad.
*She has a fake little boyish laugh
when she's trying to over exaggerate
some thing that happened, and if she
thinks something is really funny she
throws her head back or can't control
herself and puts her hands on her
knees and bends over because it's
just to funny.
*She is the most affectionate person
I know. She is constantly saying, "hugs
mommy or daddy" "kisses", one day
Curtis wasn't paying attention to her
as he was watching one of his shows
and Sophie grabbed his face and said
"look at me Daddy" then she said
"I love you too much" and she gave him
a big kiss on the lips. Sometimes she
can go overboard and practically try
to make out with you. lol
*She's a good girl with good manners.
She always says thank you, sometimes she
forgets to say please but if she really wants
something and we tell her no, she'll say "please,
please" When she eats pudding she goes and
puts her spoon in the sink and throws away her
pudding cup, she started that on her own.
*She loves to say prayers and doesn't like it if
someone else says them. But she gets distracted
and unfolds her arms and starts to play during
them, at that point it's hard to get the prayer
finished.
*She loves Grandma Nila (my mom), she came
up to visit about a month ago and when she left
Sophie got in her car and refused to get out. I got
her out and put her on Grandma's lap to give her
hugs and kisses and say goodbye and she refused
to say goodbye because Grandma was NOT leaving.
I finally just took her away, said bye to my mom and
as my mom was shutting her door Sophie was trying
to lean out of my arms bawling hysterically saying
"Please Grandma, please!" It was the saddest thing
I've ever seen, it made me tear up a little. Later I
told my mom what she was doing and she said she
had to wait to cry after she drove away because she
didn't want to make it worse. My mom is the the best
grandma and likes to spend all of her time playing
with and humoring her grand-kids. She loves being
the grandma.
* I couldn't have asked for better grandparents for
Sophie, Lee & Ruby (Curtis' dad and step-mom) just
love all the grand babies as well and Sophie loves them
so much and has a special love for Uncle Wyatt. (Curtis'
4-year old brother.)
* I also couldn't have ever asked for a better dad for my
kids. When I married Curtis I knew he was very family
oriented because his whole extended family is very close
and he's always been good with kids, but I wouldn't have
ever imagined how interested he'd be in making everything
so fun for Sophie. He's got a good imagination and is
always thinking of what he could do to help her have fun.
She is such a daddy's girl and loves no one more.




3 comments:
She is such a doll! Sounds like a fun weekend!
I am not looking forward to Poop Marks... Sienna already kind of knows how to take off her diaper. She looks so cute in that dress, way grown up!
Oh, I love this post. Sophie is such a little sweet heart. I heard about her not wanting your mom to leave. It about broke your mom's heart. You and Curtis are both awesome parents! Your kids are so lucky!!!
Post a Comment