Thursday, August 23, 2012

He's...

STILL NOT HERE!

I am almost 39 weeks along, yeah I know I'm
not due yet but still, can't I catch a break? I
have been so impatient with this baby I just
want to be done and be able to see his cute
little face. At my appointment on Monday I
was still only dilated 1 centimeter and 50%
effaced. With Sophie at this point I was dilated
to a 3 and 50% effaced, what the heck? I asked
the doctor to strip my membranes and he did
I had a good contraction on my way out to the
truck and then... nothing. So I waited two days
then I decided to go to the acupuncturist
yesterday. I left there and had about 4 contractions
in twenty minutes, then they kind of died down.
Last night though, we figured we'd change the
whole house around and maybe that would put
me into labor. So we moved our room into the
guest room, the guest room into Sophie's room,
and Sophie's room into our old room. We got a
lot done in a short amount of time. I contracted
quite a bit while working and then from about
9:30-11:00 while I was sitting on the computer
playing solitare (I'm obsessed right now) I just
had contraction after contraction after contraction.
They felt strong but not painful at all, I thought
maybe I was just in the early bit of labor and that
they would intensify. (I don't know because I
haven't gone into labor on my own yet.) So I
decided to go to bed and let my body contract
while I slept and figured when they intensified
enough, that it would wake me up. The night came
and went and I'm no longer contracting. Dang it.
I'm getting really desperate, so say a little prayer
for me!

1 comment:

Shanley said...

Wow, I totally thought you were going to post that you had him!! I was going to be upset because I always find out on your blog before Mitch tells me ha ha. Anyways, I know you are getting impatient. I want him to get here too, FAST!!